Wednesday, March 24, 2010

He Is His Father's Child!!!


From the moment I found out I was having a boy I knew I was in trouble. Joe's son, WOW! So a few weeks ago Landon learned how to ride his bike without his training wheels. He had been asking Daddy for a while to take them off but I really did not want him to take them off. I knew once he got them off his bike he would be taking them off his motorcycle. Well her learned within 2 days and was doing a great job. He learned how to start on his own, stop and turn around. Last Thursday night I was waiting in the parking lot of the school for aerobics to start and I got a text from Joe. It was Landon riding his motorcycle without training wheels. I knew then I was in for it. Well the next day was Friday and it was finally warming up so the kids were outside riding their bikes. I came inside to help Landon change into a short sleeved shirt and when he was done he went back outside. The phone rang so I answered it and before I knew it Jenna was at the front door saying that Landon had wrecked him bike. When I got out there he was a bloody mess. I took him from Tyrone and went into the bathroom to wash his hands off and check him over. Before I even had a chance Toshia said you have to take him to the ER right now. I didn't know what to do so I asked her to drive us. She got her truck and I held Landon kicking and screaming the entire way there. When I got to the ER I had to fill out some papers. When Toshia walked in she looked like she had been shot. She was covered in his blood. They took us back right after that and told me they would sedate him to stitch up his chin. I was so relived because I knew it would be terrible to try and hold him down. Gami, Gramps and Alyssa got there and decided to go to Wal Mart and try to find him some toys to make him happy. Joe got there right before they put him under. It was awful. His eyes were open but he was out of it. It was not a good feeling to see him that way. They were not able to do anything with his tooth. After waking up he started throwing up and had to have a CAT Scan. After a few hours they finally let us go home. The pain meds make him so sick that the threw up all day on Saturday. He has hardly eaten anything since then. He is so weak and it is so sad to watch. I took him to the dentist on Monday and they can't do anything for another week. They are hoping to pull his tooth without having to cut his gums. It has been a rough several days and I am sure there are going to be more to come. That is all for today. I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. OUCH! Poor little guy! I hope he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo tooth injuries are the worst! I hope he heals up fast!!

    ReplyDelete